Choose France - CNRS AI Rising talent program
The Choose France - CNRS AI Rising talent program offers early career scientists the opportunity to set up an ambitious research program and an associated team for a period of 5 years. The program is open to post-docs and young researchers working outside of France, ideally 4 or 5 years after their PhD defense.
Candidates must demonstrate exceptional expertise in machine learning or related fields (computer vision, natural language processing,...), as demonstrated by leading publications in journals or conferences. Are encouraged :
- research projects presenting a significant contribution in the field of machine learning associated with other sciences (neurosciences, biology, physics, chemistry, humanities, etc.),
- projects that participate to the French Strategy in AI and applications and are part of an interdisciplinary AI institutes (ANITI in Toulouse, MIAI in Grenoble, PRAIRIE in Paris or 3IA Côte d'Azur in Nice) or in other local initiatives.
The selected candidates (maximum of three) will be CNRS staff members assigned to a CNRS unit for the duration of the program. They should have between 2 and 7 years (ideally 4 or 5 years) of experience since obtaining their PhD.
The budget of each selected project, including salary, operating and environmental costs, may reach 1M€ over 5 years.
Composition of the application file
- a curriculum vitae
- a report describing the work done (3 to 5 pages maximum)
- a complete list of publications, as well as the three most significant publications (attach all published texts)
- the report of the thesis examination board as well as the thesis itself (optional but recommended)
- a report describing the proposed research program, including a description of how the program fits into the chosen CNRS laboratory (3 to 5 pages maximum)
- a letter of support from the director of the laboratory in which the project is proposed to be inserted
- three contacts of scientific referees.
Deadline for submission of applications: November 30, 2021.
Contact and address for sending applications:AI.ChooseFrance@cnrs.fr
Evaluation of applications
Applications are evaluated by a selection committee, composed of leading scientists in the field. The evaluation is based on scientific excellence. If shortlisted, candidates will be interviewed by video conference.
This program is part of the French national strategy in artificial intelligence.
Link to the call on the website of the Institute of Information Sciences and their interactions